Founder // Sports Therapist (BSc Hons)// Massage Therapist // Biomechanics Coach
- Injury assessment and evaluation to determine whether an athlete or participant can continue safely with the event or activity
- Design and monitor rehabilitation programmes appropriate to the injury and/or sport and level
- Rehabilitation of injuries by using manual therapy techniques, apparatus and electrotherapy
- Joint testing for ease and range of movement, pain and dysfunction
- Help to mentally and physically preparing players, athletes and participants before a competition and using strapping, taping and massage techniques where necessary
- Emergency first aid provision in a sport and exercise environment
- Assessment conduction of the fitness level of players, athletes or participants and advise on exercises prior to an event or fixture
- Mobilization of joints to alleviate pain
- Samia can decide whether athletes, players or participants need extra treatments and is able to coordinate referrals to other practitioners
- Capable of working alone or with coaches, trainers and/or fitness advisers to implement exercise, conditioning, core stability and injury prevention programmes, so that athletes, players or participants reach and maintain peak performance
A passion for Sports Therapy sees Samia taking care of sports individuals at events like London Marathon, Tour de Force, Ride 100,The Big Ride for Africa, Oxfam Trailwalker, Tour of Cambridgeshire and Rough Runner.
In April 2010, her ‘no problem’ approach took her to travel on tour across 4 different European Countries with a marathon runner who successfully completed 50 consecutive marathons in 50 days. Samia has also developed expertise in treating tennis injuries and has helped many of her patients achieve their goals on and off court.
Samia enjoys keeping fit and healthy and believes in leading by example. Snowboarding is her primary sport and having trained for over 10 consecutive winter seasons, gives her an inside knowledge of the demands and injury possibilities within winter sports.