Clinic4sport work very closely with a variety of orthopaedic surgeons and consultants, and where necessary will refer you for a consultation. They have a wealth of experience, and their specialised skill sets lie in Sports injuries, whether in professional or recreational athletes of all ages.
Clinic4sport feel it is often best to avoid surgery where appropriate, however it is sometimes unavoidable, therefore we want you to be in the safest hands.
Dr Robin Chatterjee
Consultant in Musculoskeletal, Sport & Exercise Medicine
MBChB (Hons) MMedSci MScSEM MRCGP DipSEM (UK&I) PGCertUS MSK FFSEM (UK)
Dr Chatterjee specialises in bone, muscle & joint pain of unknown cause. He is experienced in sport and dance related injuries; explores the role of sleep, hormones, stress, nutrition and physical activity in pain using both traditional and cutting edge regenerative techniques.
- Musculoskeletal pain of unknown cause
- Sports injuries
- Dance injuries
- Diagnostic ultrasonography
- Ultrasound guided injections
- Exercise prescription
- Exercise therapy
- Hyaluronic acid knee and hip injections for pain
- Platelet-rich plasma therapy (PRP)
- Shockwave Therapy
- Sports injury management
- Ultrasound scan
Dr Chatterjee has trained in Musculoskeletal, Sport & Exercise Medicine in various prestigious establishments such as Charing Cross Hospital, Queen Mary University of London, the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital and Hammersmith Hospital.
Prior to his career as a specialist, Dr Chatterjee worked as a qualified GP, in emergency medicine, anaesthetics and intensive care medicine for a number of years both in the UK and Australia.
He is the peer elected General Secretary of the British Association of Sport and Exercise Medicine (BASEM) and also on the research committee of the European College of Sport & Exercise Physicians (ECOSEP).
CURRENT ROLES ELSEWHERE:
- Lead Sport & Exercise Medicine doctor at West Ham United Football Club Academy: June 2019 till present
- Sport & Exercise Medicine physician at London Broncos Rugby Football League first team, academy and scholars team: February 2017 till present
- Musculoskeletal medicine physician at St George’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London: February 2017 till present