Sports Rehabilitator (MSc Hons) // Athletic Trainer (ATC) // Massage Therapist // Sports First Aider
Chris has been playing football since he was 4 years old with successful spells at clubs such as Gloucester City AFC, Cheltenham Town FC, and Forest Green Rovers FC. This led to Chris being offered a scholarship to play football in the United States alongside studying to be a Sports Therapist. Whilst studying in the United States he showed extreme dedication to both sport and education winning accolades such as Academic Athlete of the Year in 2017. Chris is now studying towards his MSc in Sports Rehabilitation at St Mary’s University enabling him to become a member of the British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers. He is also completing a research project, ‘Preventing Groin Injuries in Football using Eccentric Strength Training’.
Playing a high level of football has led to more exposure to injuries and an understanding of the complexity of their causes. This has inspired Chris to help prevent active people from getting injured and to help educate people on how to successfully recover.
Chris’ therapy experience is below:
- Has experience working in a diverse range of sports including American Football, Basketball, Baseball, and Tennis
- Administered sports massage and taping to Football and Rugby Clubs: Samoa Rugby Union, Ealing Trailfinders RFC, London Welsh RFC, Gloucester City AFC
- Currently delivering sports therapy services for Polytechnic Football Club
- Delivered therapeutic care services for the mass participation sporting events such as the London marathon, London triathlon, Brighton marathon, Blenheim triathlon and many more
- Delivering pitchside injury evaluations
- Practising sports and deep tissue massage
- Offers Kinesiology and Dynamic Taping services
- Experience in using modalities such as ultrasound and E-stim machines.